Applications, Scholarships

Study scholarship

1. How are you assigned to HHCSs?
Based on the year of start and the degree course or, in some cases, the specialisation. The exact classification rules are always set out in the scholarship allocation principles for the current semester.

(HHCS – Hallgatói Homogén Csoport = Homogeneous group of students)

2. If I have two degrees at BME, am I eligible for a scholarship for both?
In the case of additional (parallel) student status, the study scholarship can be awarded separately for each, with the proviso that a study scholarship can only be awarded once for the same academic performance.

3. Does a course taken and completed for remedial purposes counts towards my scholarship index?

4. Can I get a study scholarship if I have two state-funded courses and I take all my courses in the previous one, but no credits in the other?
Students who have transferred to full-time studies from another institution of higher education or from another faculty, degree programme or form of study within the University, who have been readmitted, who have participated in part-time studies abroad in the previous semester(s) or who have been on a break and have reactivated their student status, shall have their academic results determined by the relevant KTB before the faculty allocation principles are determined.

5. I am currently studying in Germany on an Erasmus scholarship. Because of the German study system, my final end-of-semester grades will be much later than those of my Hungarian counterparts. My question is: what do I have to do to get a scholarship for the next semester?
After the accreditation of your courses taken abroad, the Student Representation Office will receive the data necessary to calculate your scholarship index during the semester and calculate how much scholarship you would have received if this performance had been assessed at the beginning of the semester. The scholarship calculated in this way will be paid to you by the University in a lump sum in the last few months of the semester.


1. What applications does the HK launch?

  • Kar Kiváló Hallgatója (Outstanding Student of the Faculty):  to reward outstanding scientific activity
  • Kari Tudományos Ösztöndíj (Faculty Scientific Scholarship): to reward scientific activity
  • Közösségi ösztöndíj (Community Scholarship): to recognize community activities in voluntary circles and professional colleges
  • Közéleti ösztöndíj (Public Life Scholarship): to recognise and encourage activity and voting in the Student Representation Committees, the Education Committee, the Social Committee and the Public Relations Committee
  • Hallgatói Képviselet ösztöndíj (Student Representation Scholarship): to recognise and encourage activities in the TTK HK
  • Hangadó ösztöndíj (Speaker Scholarship): to reward expression of opinion
  • Jegyzetírói ösztöndíj (Note-writing Scholarship): to recognise and encourage note-writing and exam preparation
  • Rendezvényszervezői ösztöndíj (Event Organizer Scholarship): recognising and encouraging students who have contributed to the organisation of major events of TTK
  • PikkÁsz újságírói ösztöndíj (PikkÁsz journalism scholarship): to recognise and encourage the work done in connection with the publication of the PikkÁsz
  • Konzultációs ösztöndíj (Consultation scholarship): to reward tutoring activities

2. I have a question about the AIT application, who can I ask?
The Scholarship Officer at the Student Representation Office will be able to help you with this, or you can find out more on their official website.

3. I want to apply to Note-writing Scholarship, what should I do?
Prepare your note and its PDF format, have it checked with the tutor, then fill in the form mentioned in our Note Writer application form and send it to us – together with the tutor’s declaration – by the deadline indicated in the call for applications.